This is day 14 of the 15 Days to Freedom Blog Challenge from The Suitcase Entrepreneur. Today’s challenge is to choose one thing to do in our current town that is going to spark some excitement and make us feel like a tourist.
Traveling in new destinations is always so exciting. There’s something different to see and a new experience to have around every corner. At home, however, it’s easy to get stuck in the rut of thinking that there isn’t much to do, especially after traveling. When I came home from my trip, I surprisingly had a new appreciation for my home town of Sarnia, so this past summer I got out and tried new things as often as I could, like going to Hobbyfest in the park, playing golf for the first time, going to the driving range, spending the afternoon hanging out at the beach, trying new restaurants, and going to outdoor music festivals. Winter, on the other hand, is another story, so this is a great challenge to figure out things to do around Sarnia during these colder months.
Some photos from around Sarnia this past summer.
Since one of my goals is to spend a Saturday morning every month trying something new around my home base, here are some of the things that I plan on doing during the next few wintery months:
- Go to Snowfest downtown to check out artists carving ice and snow sculptures live
- Visit the Art Gallery to see the latest exhibition
- Bundle up and go for a walk along the boardwalk on a sunny day and then head to Greens Organic Cafe for some lunch and a warm beverage. Haven’t been there yet!
- Experience Reiki from the Sarnia Holistic Health Centre. Haven’t tried that yet either!
- Try snowboarding at the new tow-line Snow Park
Once it warms up, there are a ton of things to experience around Sarnia and nearby places like the Pinery Provincial Park, Grand Bend, London, and just across the border in Port Huron and Marine City. Feeling grateful to live by beautiful Lake Huron!
What new experiences will you have around your town or city?